Monday, January 07, 2013

My very first blog...

Yes, you read that right. I have never blogged in my life! Why? Because what could I possibly babble about that no one hasn't already blogged about a million times over? Nothing! This is another baking and cake/cupcake/cookie decorating blog. What will make this blog unique? Hrmm... I haven't figured that out yet. We will see in time.... *insert suspenseful music*. I don't read many blogs but the couple that I do read, always have me coming back from time to time. I like reading DIY blogs on baking and cake decorating. I've never left a comment on anyone's blog but I do read the comments other people receive and find blogs can be very helpful and inspiring. It's always interesting to see how everyone's attempts at certain tasks and challenges turn out. I've always wanted to share my passion of baking and decorating too, and so I hope that I can help and inspire someone to make tasty and pretty desserts. :]
 
Some things about me, qualifications and lack of qualifications! As a child, awkward teenager and early adulthood, I've always had a love for art. I loved to draw the old school way with pencil and paper, and then on a tablet with Corel and Jasc software (this is before Adobe Photoshop because the leading giants). Growing up, not many people supported my love of these mediums until it became edible!!!! When I discovered that cake decorating was just another way for me to doodle, paint and sculpt, I was thrilled! And what made it even more exciting were the smiles and joys I could bring to people's faces through cake decorating! I started watching cake shows from The Food Network for a couple years and then took my first Wilton cake decorating lessons at Michael's (my local craft store) last spring 2010. Since then, I've been learning all that I possibly could through the World Wide Web. I try to bake and decorate whenever I can to relieve my own personal life stresses and to make someone else's day a little more special.
 
In this blog, I hope to cover topics such as:
  • Baking and cake/cupcake/cookie decorating
  • Reviews on related books, baking tools, knick knacks and tools
  • Sources for all my ideas, ingredients and tools
  • Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) specific baking tips (because it's not always easy to find everything that you need and want for certain recipes and decorating techniques)
  • And just anything baking related that I think can be helpful to all you DIY-ers and domestic goddesses!
My reviews are my own personal opinions (no endorsements). My technique and style is what works for me and may not always work for everyone else. Comments and questions are always welcomed.

 

 

Tomorrow...a review on the Michael's-Wilton cake decorating classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment